How can we make running electric vehicles fit our budget?
How can we make running electric vehicles fit our budget?
While more and more business owners and fleet managers see the benefits of switching to electric vehicles, many are discouraged by their high purchase price. Analysts predicted that EV prices will decrease to reach at least the level of conventionally fuelled vehicles, if not below. However, that doesn’t seem to be happening any time soon.
If you find that electric vehicles are too expensive, we’ve got solutions to help you update your fleet and switch your company vehicles to EVs. It’s easy to be in line with the trend of the future.
Let’s talk solutions
Expensive or not, electric vehicles are on the rise and every business is looking to future-proof its activity by making the switch to EVs sooner. Especially as the UK government wants to end the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans by 2030.
At Radius, we designed solutions with fleets and businesses’ needs in mind. We offer electric vans for hire, so you can easily update your fleet and get lots of advantages. Or you can choose to lease an electric car and benefit from special deals.
But what exactly are these benefits? Let’s find out.
Update your fleet with vehicle hire
Vehicle hire is a great solution to start your green transition. If electric vehicles are too expensive to buy upfront, EV hire solutions are affordable and packed with benefits.
Offers can be tailored to meet your exact business needs and requirements. To make it easier, we can also provide support with vehicle insurance, cameras, and fuel cards. An all-in-one solution for your convenience.
Here’s why hiring an electric vehicle can prove be a better option than buying one:
- Hiring is a very popular, convenient, and more affordable way of getting a vehicle for business use.
- Hiring an electric vehicle lets you choose the vehicle and the duration of the contract. Get any of the latest van models for however long your need it.
- You don’t have to worry about value depreciation or maintenance and repair costs as these are usually included in the hire agreement.
- It’s cheaper to hire an electric vehicle than to buy it.
- You can hire as many electric vehicles as you need.
Depending on your business demands, you can choose from two hire options – flexible hire and long term hire – each with its added benefits.
Flexible hire gives you the option to hire an electric vehicle for any period of time of up to three years and the extra benefit of returning it at any time. You won’t be tied to a fixed term contract. Plus, it includes service, maintenance, repair, replacement, recovery, road fund licence and tyres.
It’s a great option for short business contracts when you’re not sure for how long you’re going to need the EV.
Long term hire is the ideal solution for when you need an EV for an extended period. You can also customise your vehicle to meet your business requirements. Besides, vehicles are provided fully inclusive of service, maintenance, repair, replacement, recovery, road fund licence and tyres.
This is the best choice when you know your business demands for the long term. And it will prove to be the less expensive option, too.
Get in touch and we’ll sort you with the electric vehicles you need, without having to break the bank to buy new ones.
Electric vehicles are too expensive? Lease one!
Forking out thousands of pounds to buy an EV can make quite a hole in your budget. But leasing one might be just the solution to get electric company cars.
Car leasing is a great way to save money and still get the electric vehicle you want.
You can get a lease for two or three years, with or without maintenance – the choice is yours.
This is why you should consider car leasing to get an electric car:
- You get fixed monthly payments, that are usually lower than other alternatives.
- A lease usually has more flexible terms and it’s easier to obtain.
- You don’t have to worry about vehicle depreciation, as you get to return it at the end of the lease term.
- The lease may include repair, maintenance costs, new tyres and other perks.
- You’re always driving the latest models.
Choose your favourite brand and model and give us a call at 03308282222. Or send us an email at email@example.com and our experts will be happy to help.
So, are electric vehicles more expensive?
Even with the UK government’s grant for plug-in vehicles, the upfront cost seems to be too high.
Fortunately, there are other options to get EVs for your business, as we discussed them earlier. And even if the purchase price seems high, electric vehicles are well worth it.
Putting the purchase price aside and taking into account the total cost of ownership, electric vehicles are not as expensive as you might think in the long run. Here’s why:
- It’s cheaper to power an electric vehicle than filling up the tank of a conventionally fuelled car. Electricity costs so much less than diesel or petrol lately.
- Although EVs were originally quite pricy to insure, ever since 2020 the insurance prices for electric vehicles have dropped a lot and are expected to continue to decrease.
- You don’t pay vehicle excise duty for EVs.
- You don’t pay ULEZ and congestion charges for electric vehicles.
- EVs incur lower running costs overall.
- It’s cheaper to maintain an electric vehicle.
- Electric vehicles are more durable, as they have fewer moving parts, making them less prone to breaking down.
Ready to get electric vehicles for your business?
Electric vehicles are the future, as the UK government will put a stop to the sale of new diesel and petrol vehicles in 2030 in a plan to all new cars and vans being fully zero emission from 2035.
So, it’s time to jump on the green train and future-proof your business with electric vehicles. There are plenty of options to choose from. Hire an EV or lease an electric car and enjoy all those benefits.
Contact us and we’ll sort you with the best solution to get started with EVs.